Searching for secrets

a place to discuss theories or any other general topics related to the Strangers project.

Re: Searching for secrets

Postby Morfean » November 23rd, 2016, 2:18 pm

OutlanderS3S wrote:To me, this name only appears if you search the name of the Stranger on a search engine. If you right-click on the image on its entry, it won't appear.

In fact, if you open a Stranger's entry in a new tab (such has the Chevradrole!) the text in the tab will be a sort of secret message. Well, this is the case if you use Google Chrome like me, at least.
:class_operative: we'd yearned for counterfeits
Morfean

Postby OutlanderS3S » November 23rd, 2016, 2:46 pm

Morfean wrote:In fact, if you open a Stranger's entry in a new tab (such has the Chevradrole!) the text in the tab will be a sort of secret message. Well, this is the case if you use Google Chrome like me, at least.

I use Firefox, and it works well. I will now confirm that the names and messages shown are Tab names. :class_fluid:
:class_falsifier: My bestiary project: http://iseeborderlings.com
OutlanderS3S

Postby Barls_Gnarkley » November 24th, 2016, 12:23 am

Re: the hidden narrative in Dead Cities, in branedrone's entry:
I didn't remember its name.

Are the names of strangers an intrinsic, in-universe property that sensitives are somehow aware of?
Barls_Gnarkley

Postby THESXVRS » December 30th, 2016, 9:04 pm

If you click (INDEX OF STRAINS) above the list of modules, you get a catalog of all the current strains, along with future ones. :class_derivative:
:class_imitator: THEFST
:class_primitive: THESND
:class_companion: THETRD
:class_: THEFRTH
:class_regulator: THEFTH
:class_fluid: THESTH
THESXVRS

Postby 000 » January 1st, 2017, 9:21 pm

The holodrone and holodrue, despite being related substrains (both are derivations of the holo strain), do not share any part of their scientific names.
The holodrue is denoted by a trinomen, which in taxonomy denotes a subspecies. (This isn't a unique feature; a number of strangers the modules have trinomens or even quadnomens.)

Both Module Primer and Module II have identical "return to main site" back buttons when opening an entry up in a new tab, the only difference being the pupil of the eye icon.
The Red Module and Dead Cities feature back buttons unique to their modules: Red Module with "ESC" and a more labyrinthine eye, and Dead Cities with "leave" and, presumably, another reinterpretation of the series' iconic eye.

Postby THESXVRS » March 22nd, 2017, 7:15 am

To add onto the "hidden links", in the Madradrone's "interactions with sensitives" section, the word "gasps" leads to http://strangers.atrocityland.com/module_primer/s_madradrone_1.html :class_widower:
:class_imitator: THEFST
:class_primitive: THESND
:class_companion: THETRD
:class_: THEFRTH
:class_regulator: THEFTH
:class_fluid: THESTH
THESXVRS

Previous

Return to theories/discussion